The Master Supply Agreement is one of the largest for an Australian-based workforce management company and expands the relationship between nimbus and Serco to 2024.
Including the creation of a Centre of Excellence to ensure seamless and transparent innovation in the Serco workforce across its Government customer base, under the deal nimbus’ Time2Work service will provide thousands of Serco workers and their managers with timely access to world’s best practice workforce management solutions.
The nimbus Time2Work solution will be deployed for what nimbus says are some of the world’s most diverse working environments to ensure staff are accurately paid, work the hours safely they are required to work, and have access to shift selection and other workplace functions in real-time.
nimbus says the agreement will also enable Serco to continue to:
- View the central operational area on the ground at a site level, providing a real-time snapshot of staffing at any given point in the day.
- Schedule to the forecasted demand and respond to the dynamics of daily operations, enabling the business unit to effectively and flexibly manage the use of staff hours.
- Facilitate pan-operation scheduling to enhance utilisation of staff hours.
- Capture time sheets electronically within Time2Work and auto-approve based on configurable rules.
- Provide centralised skills tracking and schedule forecasting to meet the strict requirements of many Government contracts, through the utilisation of Time2Work’s Skills Engine.
- Enable employees to interact with the nimbus native application on iOS and Android mobile devices and provide Serco with their upcoming availability, see any upcoming training, and submit leave applications on the go.
nimbus says its solution is already being deployed by Serco workforces, as diverse as the US Space Force Surveillance System operation, in the US and Mexico; the justice system in the UK, Australia and New Zealand (including the largest prisoner escort service in the UK); Judicial Courthouses across South East England, including greater London; Air Traffic Control Towers located across the US; NHS hospitals across Central London; and the Fiona Stanley Hospital in Perth.
Also central to the extension of the relationship between nimbus and Serco will be the establishment of a global information sharing platform, called the Centre of Excellence.
nimbus says the establishment of a joint Centre of Excellence will ensure any workforce engagement and productivity gains in a Serco facility can be adapted to all facilities and scaled seamlessly.
The centre will be responsible for ensuring collaboration between nimbus and Serco management at a local and global level, providing roadmaps and nimbus implementation strategies for training and upskilling of all nimbus Time2Work features, regardless of location and industry.
nimbus CEO, Grant Custance said the expansion of the relationship between Serco and nimbus was evidence Australian workforce optimisation (WFO) management technology can lead the world, particularly in a challenging time for managing thousands of employees across diverse environments.
“nimbus provides cloud-first, WFO solutions for high profile customers around the world – servicing, engaging, and improving their workforce operations. We see a fantastic opportunity to grow our presence more broadly across the US market and in various industry verticals. This is today’s technology meeting tomorrow’s needs,” Custance said.
Rupert Soames, Chief Executive, Serco Group, said; “nimbus has proven to be a trusted and reliable vendor, assisting and working alongside Serco to provide continuing superb public service to our Government clients and the communities we serve.
“Their world-class technology is helping Serco ensure the safety, wellbeing, and empowerment of thousands of Serco employees and we are pleased to be extending our relationship across more countries and people; nimbus is a core technology component in our strategy to be one of the best?managed businesses in the world supplying complex and mission-critical services to Government clients.”