Australia’s largest telco announced on Wednesday that it had also launched a new 24/7 tech support service and thousands more dedicated small business specialists across the country.
Telstra positions these latest announcements as the next stage in the rollout of its T22 strategy, which it says has already delivered simpler products by removing domestic excess data charges on consumer mobile plans and provided more choice for customers creating a home or mobile package.
The revamp was announced at an Illawarra Business Chamber Forum in Wollongong on Wednesday by Telstra chief executive Andrew Penn who said the T22 milestone for small business was “perfectly timed as many more businesses look to technology to drive productivity, access new markets and improve customer experience”.
“We know every small business is different – our job is to make sure we have leading solutions and services that are fit for purpose and what we’ve announced today does that."
Telstra’s new suite of solutions and services for small business includes:
- Business Choice mobile plan – small business customers can now get a new mobile or tablet plan with no lock-in contract and no excess data charges in Australia.
- Unlimited data – as standard on Business Bundle plans starting from $100.
- Telstra Platinum for Business – a new 24/7 tech advice and support service for business owners to take the pressure off having to employ, or in most cases, be their own IT experts.
- More dedicated service and support for small businesses – Telstra has tripled the number of small business specialists in its 350 retail stores around the country to 3,000.
- In early 2019, Telstra will launch a new national premium ICT channel for small business customers with more complex technology needs.
- Telstra has also introduced a Concierge Tech Support service that provides small business customers calling with an NBN or fixed line service issue with one dedicated expert to help solve their problem fast.
Penn said the new solutions were about ensuring Telstra was not only providing advanced technology solutions to small businesses, but also the essential support to go with it.
“This is a significant increase to the level of dedicated service and support we provide small businesses, to help take away complexity and give them peace of mind with their technology usage and support,” he said.
Telstra confirmed the next key milestone under its T22 strategy would be the introduction of a new “market leading” loyalty program in March 2019.