×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 63
Wednesday, 15 March 2006 16:30

Mass migration to VoIP, driven by applications

By
Integrated Research says its annual international VoIP survey shows four out of five organisations moving to IP telephony, and that this 'mass conversion' is being driven as much by IP applications and enhanced communication capabilities as by circuit-switched PABXs nearing the end of their life.

 Kailem Anderson, product manager, IP telephony products for Integrated Research said: "The results of the 2004 survey showed the key factors driving IP telephony adoption were the reduction of operating costs and the perception that IP telephony had come of age due to enhanced features such as video conferencing - I think those comments are justified by the 2005 Survey results, and I believe they continue to be the key factors.

"IP-based video conferencing was of immediate interest for 70 percent of those surveyed and this shows a clear willingness to exploit the enhanced capabilities that IP telephony provides over traditional telephony."

A total of 1,232 executives participated in the online study in late 2005. The US accounted for 34 percent of respondents; Europe, Australia/Oceania and Asia, Africa and the Middle East accounted for the remaining 66 percent.

Seventy-eight percent of those surveyed were at various stages of VoIP deployment or adoption. Only six percent were unsure of their plans to adopt the technology. One percent of deployments were considered to have failed, half during the testing or pilot phase and the remainder failing shortly after going 'live'.

The survey also showed Cisco's dominance of the market increasing from 43 percent in 2004 to 62 percent in 2005, and more organisations choosing to self deploy by up-skilling staff in the new technology rather than rely on systems integrators.


Subscribe to ITWIRE UPDATE Newsletter here

GRAND OPENING OF THE ITWIRE SHOP

The much awaited iTWire Shop is now open to our readers.

Visit the iTWire Shop, a leading destination for stylish accessories, gear & gadgets, lifestyle products and everyday portable office essentials, drones, zoom lenses for smartphones, software and online training.

PLUS Big Brands include: Apple, Lenovo, LG, Samsung, Sennheiser and many more.

Products available for any country.

We hope you enjoy and find value in the much anticipated iTWire Shop.

ENTER THE SHOP NOW!

INTRODUCING ITWIRE TV

iTWire TV offers a unique value to the Tech Sector by providing a range of video interviews, news, views and reviews, and also provides the opportunity for vendors to promote your company and your marketing messages.

We work with you to develop the message and conduct the interview or product review in a safe and collaborative way. Unlike other Tech YouTube channels, we create a story around your message and post that on the homepage of ITWire, linking to your message.

In addition, your interview post message can be displayed in up to 7 different post displays on our the iTWire.com site to drive traffic and readers to your video content and downloads. This can be a significant Lead Generation opportunity for your business.

We also provide 3 videos in one recording/sitting if you require so that you have a series of videos to promote to your customers. Your sales team can add your emails to sales collateral and to the footer of their sales and marketing emails.

See the latest in Tech News, Views, Interviews, Reviews, Product Promos and Events. Plus funny videos from our readers and customers.

SEE WHAT'S ON ITWIRE TV NOW!

BACK TO HOME PAGE

Share News tips for the iTWire Journalists? Your tip will be anonymous

WEBINARS ONLINE & ON-DEMAND

GUEST ARTICLES

VENDOR NEWS

Guest Opinion

Guest Interviews

Guest Reviews

Guest Research

Guest Research & Case Studies

Channel News

Comments