Dining out is set to look very different after COVID lockdowns are presumably lifted on October 18, thanks to two game-changing products to help stop super spreaders, brought to Australia by Rami Ykmour, the self-made millionaire, Rashays restaurateur and manufacturing entrepreneur who has also delivered the Guest Guard range of products and services.
In the video interview, embedded below, Ykmour points out that the Guest Guard range of products are not designed to become a massive money spinner, but is being developed to help bring people back together, to help fellow hospitality and other businesses to get back to business, and to unite us and not further divide us as vaccine passports might well end up doing.
The first product is called "Guest Check", and it is similar to an airport security archway. This simple yet powerful device automatically displays the temperature of anyone entering the premises, with high temperatures setting off a screeching alarm and lights.
It will cost in the vicinity of $6000 or $7000 to buy outright, but Ykmour says he is looking at how to lease these units to businesses that need them from around $50 or $60 per week, which sounds very affordable to me.
There is also a video screen on the archway to show the person their temperature status. Billed as "the world's first thermal imaging temperature reader", it's naturally perfect for restaurants, hairdressers and retailers nationally across Australia.
The second product is called "Guest Guard", and just as has been seen in Las Vegas and Australia's Federal and State Parliaments, these are clear perspex dividers that can be set up between tables in various sizes to ensure the safety, security and comfort for customers and staff alike, in any restaurant, hairdressing salon or café - except these are much taller and bigger devices that clearly mean business.
These two metre tall perspex screens are around $200 each, with pricing and details at the Guest Guard site as are a range of sanitisation solutions and dispensers is also available.
Inspirational entrepreneur Rami Ykmour has the Guest Guard products installed in all 30 of his Rashays Family Restaurants to ensure the safety of his customers during the challenges of COVID, which we're finally learning how to start overcoming.
Rami said: "I've placed both these products in all of my 30 Rashays Family Restaurants and have them available now for any restaurateurs, café owners, hairdressers, retailers and hospitality venues anywhere in Australia so they too can provide the same service to their customers. They are available online to buy at www.guestguard.com.au".
Here is Rami Ykmour's video explaining the Guest Guard products:
Here is my video interview with Rami Ykmour, which is embedded directly below.
Below is a summary of the topics we spoke about:
- I started by introducing Rami and welcoming to the program, and asked Rami what inspired him to create the Guest Guard products.
- We discussed the products and Rami's motivation to create them, which Rami says isn't the desire to create a new business, but to ensure products are available to businesses that want to re-open in a safe manner.
- We covered what the cost of acquiring a Guest Check would be, whether by purchasing or leasing, and the price of the Guest Guards.
- Rami explained the reaction from customers and employees, and what happens when the alarm in the Guest Check goes off.
- Rami shared his memories of his first computer, a bit about his own history of entrepreneurialism and success, how he sees the hospitality business evolving in the future, great advice he has received in life, and his final messages to iTWire readers and viewers, and to his customers and partners.
So, please watch the video and interview above, and I hope we can all be dining safely in restaurants and other hospitality venues across Australia and the world soon!