Hitachi America and Hitachi Vantara, the digital infrastructure, data management, and digital solutions subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., have announced Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2021 AMERICAS (HSIF) will be held on May 25-27, 2021.
The free three-day virtual event will showcase visionaries and practitioners who are leading and deploying data-driven strategies to solve some of the toughest problems in industry, society and the environment, and naturally, the company invites you to register now.
Executives and experts from Hitachi Group businesses will be joined by digital leaders from business, academia, government and industry for keynotes, digital masterclasses, plus industry, society and technology themed programming.
Speakers at Hitachi Social Innovation Forum Americas 2021 include:
- Toshiaki Higashihara, President & CEO Hitachi, Ltd
- Gajen Kandiah, CEO, Hitachi Vantara
- Dr. Jennifer Hall Chief, Data Science, Co-Director, Institute for Precision Cardiovascular Medicine, American Heart Association
- Rachel S. Hutter, SVP International Facilities and Operations Services, Worldwide Safety and Health, and Engineering, The Walt Disney Company
- Todd Hewlin, Partner, Chasm Group, and author of ‘Goliath’s Revenge, How Established Companies Turn the Tables on Digital Disruptors’
- Hicham Abdessamad, Chairman, Hitachi America, Ltd., Chief Executive of Hitachi Global Social Innovation Business, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Duane Hughes, CEO, Workhorse
- Juan Santos, SVP Brand Experience & Innovation, Tavistock Group
- Alistair Dormer, Executive Vice President and Executive Officer and Chief Environmental Officer, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Topher White, CEO, Rainforest Connection
- Jon Snoddy, SVP, Imagineering R&D, Show, Ride & Technology, The Walt Disney Company
- Megan Smith, former Chief Technology Officer under President Obama
- Andreas Weigend, former Chief Scientist of Amazon.com, and author of ‘Data for the People
- Alok Sharma, President, COP26
- Hitachi Social Innovation Forum Digital Masterclass speakers will include:
- R (Ray) Wang, CEO, Constellation Research
- Michele Goetz, Vice President and Principal Researcher, Forrester
- Maribel Lopez, Founder, Lopez Research
- Tim Chou, Board Member and Stanford University Cloud Lecturer
- Martin Mocker, MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research
- Vijay Gurbaxani, Director of the Center for Digital Transformation at Paul Merage School of Business, UC Irvine
- Ganesh Bell, Board Member, Investor, CDO and Software CEO
“COVID-19 has affected nearly every aspect of our personal and professional life, with ripple effects that have challenged industries to assess and accelerate their digital initiatives,” said Gajen Kandiah, CEO of Hitachi Vantara.
“The ability to achieve data-driven outcomes is critical to our clients’ ability to pivot their business and capitalise on an increasing digital-centric economy. At Hitachi Social Innovation Forum Americas, we will tell their stories and explain how data-driven leaders are changing the world in business, society and the environment.”
“At Hitachi, we view Social Innovation as the practice of leveraging innovation, digital technology, domain knowledge and products to solve challenges for both the individual consumer and society at large,” said Hicham Abdessamad, chairman, Hitachi America, Ltd., and chief executive of Hitachi Global Social Innovation Business.
“As a global leader in advancing the digital transformation of social infrastructure, our goal at HSIF is to bring thinkers and doers together to solve problems, address existing and future environmental challenges and showcase the digital solutions that we are successfully developing throughout the Hitachi Group ecosystem.
“We are excited to show how Hitachi, its partners, and customers are working together to drive adoption of new digital solutions and technologies that empower companies to adapt and transition into this new era of sustainability. Whether you’re an OEM, an energy provider, an IT Company or a government agency, we all have roles to play to make this a reality.”
Roundtable discussions, themed sessions and thought-provoking keynote presentations will provide opportunities for attendees to hear firsthand accounts of successes and lessons learned from peers, partners, analysts, clients and industry leaders Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2021 AMERICAS will offer three different tracks:
- Business track focuses on how to propel your business forward;
- Society track focuses on using data to create social, environmental, and economic advantages; and
- Technology track spotlights how companies can revolutionise with data strategies that adapt to our ever-changing world.
These three additional blog posts also have more information:
- Innovating to Improve Society: Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2021, by Hicham Abdessamad
- To Change the World with Data, Start Here, by John Magee
- Ignite Growth at Hitachi Social Innovation Forum, by Bjorn Andersson