“In the hybrid cloud market, HPE GreenLake is unique in its simplicity, unification, depth of cloud services, and partner network. Today, we are furthering our differentiation, boldly setting HPE GreenLake even further apart as the ideal platform for customers to drive data-first modernisation,” says HPE CEO Antonio Neri.
HPE GreenLake platform – supporting multi-cloud experiences wherever workloads live
HPE GreenLake supports multi-cloud experiences everywhere including clouds that live on-premises, at the edge, in a colocation facility, and in a public cloud.
In Q1 2022, HPE reported annual revenue at $798 million, and increased as-a-service orders 136% year-over-year.
HPE continues to innovate HPE GreenLake to provide customers one easy-to-use platform to radically transform and modernise their organisation.
Platform updates include:
- Convergence of Aruba Central, a cloud-native, AI-powered network management solution, with the HPE GreenLake platform. Now, more than 120,000 Aruba networking customers, which includes nearly two million devices to manage and two million API calls per day, can use the HPE GreenLake platform to order services on-demand and manage their assets.
- A new, unified operational experience that provides a simplified view and access to all cloud services, spanning the entire HPE portfolio, with single sign-on access, security, compliance, elasticity, and data protection.
HPE also unveils 12 new cloud services in networking, data services, high performance computing and compute operations management.
HPE GreenLake for Aruba networking
HPE is building out its network as a service (NaaS) offerings with HPE GreenLake for Aruba networking. The eight new services simplify procuring and deploying NaaS and allow customers to align network spend to usage needs.
The new services are also optimised for channel partners looking to satisfy growing customer demand for NaaS, to operate in a resale or managed service provider model. It covers a full span of customer use cases, including wired, wireless, and SD-Branch.
HPE GreenLake Data Services
New services for block storage and data protection join the current HPE GreenLake data services.
HPE GreenLake for Block Storage
HPE claims it is the industry’s first block storage as-a-service to deliver 100% data availability guarantee built-in on a cloud operational model. It helps businesses transform faster and brings self-service agility to critical enterprise applications. The new offering delivers the following capabilities:
- Self-service provisioning to provide line of business owners and database admins the agility required to build and deploy new apps, services, and projects faster
- IT resources are freed to work on strategic, higher-value initiatives with 98% operational time savings
HPE Backup and Recovery Service
This service is built for hybrid cloud. Customers can protect their data for virtual machines, gain rapid recovery on-premises, and deliver an approach to store long-term backups in the public cloud. HPE Backup and Recovery Service is now available for virtual machines deployed on heterogeneous infrastructure.
HPE is advancing its ransomware recovery solutions by adding immutable data copies - on premises, on Amazon Web Services (AWS) with HPE Backup and Recovery Service.
HPE GreenLake for High Performance Computing
HPE introduces new capabilities for its HPE GreenLake for High Performance Computing, which tackle the most demanding compute and data-intensive workloads, to power AI and ML initiatives, and speed time to insight.
These also include lower entry points to HPC, with a smaller configuration of 10 nodes, to test workloads and scale as needed. New capabilities include:
- Expanded GPU capabilities that will integrate with the new addition of HPE Apollo 6500 Gen10 system to accelerate compute and advance data-intensive projects using the Nvidia A100, A40, and A30 Tensor Core GPUs in increments of 2-4-8 accelerators. It will feature the Nvidia NVLink for connections between GPUs to work together as a single robust accelerator.
- HPE Slingshot delivers networking to address demands for higher speed and congestion control in larger data-intensive and AI workloads.
- HPE Parallel File System Storage, a storage solution to deliver throughput for broader HPC and AI needs.
- Multi-cloud connector APIs orchestrate HPC workflows on a diverse pool of computing resources such as other HPE GreenLake for HPC or public clouds. New model delivers more elasticity, scalability and tools to optimise usage of disaggregated resources. The capability improves collaboration by connecting to other projects between multiple sites, removing silos.
HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management
It is a cloud-native management console to access, monitor, and manage servers. Compute Ops Management automates the compute lifecycle management and across a customer’s compute environment. Today, the cloud service is open for a 90-day free trial and will be available for purchase in June 2022.
The solution has been successful with Kimley-Horn, a leading US firm specialising in design and engineering consulting in private and public infrastructure. Using the solution, Kimley-Horn was able to speed up overnight server updates in four hours to 45 minutes.
HPE continues to invest in co-development with key distribution partners. First announced in March 2021, HPE GreenLake is available in the cloud marketplaces and ecommerce platforms of Also Group, Arrow Electronics, Ingram Micro, and TD Synnex.
Finally, HPE signed a global agreement with Digital Realty, which allows customers to run any HPE GreenLake service with colocation across the company’s more than 285 data centres on six continents, which includes sites in 50 major cities.
The new HPE GreenLake will be available in April 2022.