The WD101KRYZ has a SATA 6Gb/s interface (249MB/s), 7200 RPM, 256MB Cache and a five-year warranty. It is equipped with Enhanced RAAF sensors to monitor both the drive and the ambient vibration in the rack and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time.
Helium — Helioseal — allows for smaller, lighter heads and it has a dual actuator. The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
“It is Western Digital’s ongoing goal to provide superior reliability and compelling value to our enterprise customers,” said Brendan Collins, WD’s vice-president of product marketing “WD Gold drives provided power efficient, capacity optimised storage for a wide range of high workload applications. The new 10TB capacity enables customers to efficiently deploy higher density storage solutions.”
WD Gold 10TB data centre hard drives provide:
- Improved power efficiency – HelioSeal Technology delivers lower power usage with an increase in capacity.
- Power efficiency (watts/TB) during operation is improved up to 26% over the WD Gold 8TB drive.
- Better performance – Up to 21% sequential performance improvement over WD Gold 8TB data centre drives.
- High reliability – WD Gold drives incorporate best-of-breed design, manufacturing and test processes to achieve one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry – 2.5 million hours MTBF (8TB and 10TB offerings).
- Dedicated premium support line – Western Digital offers a 24/7 premium support line for WD Gold drive customers and can be reached in the US at (855) 559-3733; International: +80055593733.
The drive costs $1099 from distributors Synnex, Achieve and Dicker Data.