Telstra’s Kevin Teoh announced the offer saying it was the largest free file storage offer in Australia and offered an opportunity for accessing files from anywhere.
To access the offer existing Pre-Paid, mobile on a plan, mobile broadband or home broadband service should go to its web site .
To redeem the offer, you will need a Telstra ID and a Microsoft Account (both can be obtained online during the sign-up process).
The free offer is for two years after which, unless extended by Telstra, you will still be able to access the documents/photos/videos (data charges apply) but will not be able to upload new ones. Or you can buy a OneDrive subscription.
The maximum single file size is 10GB.
Teoh offers thoughts on what to use the space for.
- Store your important documents and treasured memories in one place. In a world where we consume so much information and store so much data, OneDrive provides the ability to conveniently keep digital files, photos and videos accessible in one place.
- Access the files you want from almost anywhere. If I’m at home or out and about, I can reach up into the cloud and pick out the photos and videos I want, on the device I choose.
- Select files to share with the people you want, within the cloud. Share photos with relatives overseas through a folder in your cloud; let them share in the joy of your endless selfies.
- Upload photos, videos, important documents from any compatible device. Store and share your files from your home computer, mobile or tablet. OneDrive is compatible with most computer systems, tablets and mobiles including iOS, Android, PC and Mac.
- Free up space on your device, while having all your files at your fingertips, keeping space available to download apps and do more on your mobile device. Don’t weigh down your phone and tablet with videos your kids love to endlessly watch – free up storage to download lifestyle apps to keep you connected to your hobbies.