Advertising Week Asia Pacific will be held at one of Sydney’s most iconic venues, Luna Park, and will "put industry professionals together throughout the Asia Pacific region for a week of thoughtful conversations with leaders from the marketing, advertising, technology and creative spaces".
During the week, participants "will discuss where we’ve been, where we’re going and what trends, challenges and opportunities are shaping today’s global industry".
Sydney is the fifth global city to host the event, and is doing so for the first time, joining "a global network of Advertising Week events in New York, Tokyo, Mexico City, and London".
"Whether it’s a roundtable with industry experts discussing the latest innovations in technology and data, or a keynote with global business leaders looking ahead to what trends will dominate the creative industry in the years to come, Advertising Week programming is built to feel as diverse and thought provoking as the people it seeks to represent."
The event was created in New York in 2004, and "brings together personalities as well as global and local executives from leading companies and industry bodies to discuss key trends and issues our world is currently facing".
For this first APAC edition, many business and also social issues faced by local Australian and Asian organisations will be discussed.
AI and Big Data will be at the forefront of these conversations.
Just a handful of the top sessions and talent on offer can be seen in the following list:
The Trade Desk Stage – 31/07, 1pm to 5.30pm:
- People and Machines: Marketers need more than Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning from marketing’s past
- Digital transformation for rising expectations
- Speakers: Aisling Finch, marketing director ANZ, Google; Chris Mattey, managing director, Boston Consulting Group Australia
- The AI trade-off
- Speakers: Lawrence Crumpton, HoloLens Evangelist, Microsoft; Vince Lynch; Vijay Solanki, former chief executive, IAB Australia; Lucio Ribeiro, managing firector, Online Circle Digital; Ophir Tanz, chief executive, GumGum
- The modern marketing strategy: featuring AI for accessibility
- Speaker: Lynne Kjolso, vice-president, Global Search Sales, Microsoft
Global Keynote Stage – 01/08, 11am:
- Global Keynote Series: Solving problems with AI for everyone
- Speaker: Anil Sabharwal, vice-president, Comms and Photos, Google
The Trade Desk Stage – 01/08, 12.10pm to 2.30pm:
- Making sense of too much data & is it still sexy?
- Speakers: Rob Pardini, chief data scientist, WPP; Melissa Hopkins, director, Marketing and Communications, Optus; Tara Lordsmith, owner, Lordsmith & Co
- Be consumer first in a data-driven world
- Speakers: Karen Stocks, director of Global Measurement Solutions, Google; Dan Taylor, managing director Global Display, Google; Rhys Williams, director of Media Technology Solutions AUNZ, Google
- Advertising in 2020: data is the new oil
- Speakers: Jo Gaines, managing director, Salesforce; Andrew Reid, general manager, TEG Analytics & Insights
You can see the full line-up of panel sessions and speakers here, with tickets still available to attend this event.
Here is the event's 2018 teaser trailer: