Veeam’s business is going vroom vroom, according to the company, with its new Veeam Availability v8 suite and 65% growth in results this quarter compared to the last - continuing a record run of growth quarters after already having won over 50 of the biggest industry awards - solidifying Veeam as the Data Centre All-Star Dream Team.
The company has even used a term fans of crunchy computing have heard elsewhere, with a trademark next to the tagline “It just works!”.
Ratmir Timashev, Veeam’s CEO, said: “IT has been forced to become strategic now that businesses require 24x7 availability for all applications and data.”
“To deliver that level of availability, IT is transforming the modern data centre by bringing together virtualisation, the cloud, and storage technologies so they can provision services and devices faster, strengthen security and control, and reduce operational costs.
“Veeam’s continued growth illustrates this, and we are seeing steady demand across all geographies and verticals as businesses strive to deliver the application availability users demand.
“This new release further extends Veeam’s leading position in the new market of Availability for the Modern Data Center and introduces more than 200 new features and enhancements, including Veeam Cloud Connect, integration with NetApp and major enhancements in replication and disaster recovery. Its release will help accelerate Veeam’s global and enterprise expansion to meet both market share and revenue goals as we close out 2014.”
More dreamy highlights from Veeam’s Q3 2014 include:
The Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) Program
- Extraordinary growth: The VCP program grew revenues by 159 percent in Q3 2014 over Q3 2013. The program also surpassed the 6,000 partner mark.
- Veeam Cloud Connect support: Veeam reports it has collaborated with 21 launch partners to provide “Day One” support for the Veeam Cloud Connect functionality in Veeam Availability Suite v8.
- VCP alliances: Veeam released a beta version of a new plug-in for Veeam integration with LabTech. Veeam also added Westcon Group (New Zealand) as a new VCP rental aggregator, and formed a technology alliance with NEXTDC in Australia.
Veeam’s Customer Growth
- Veeam reports more than 3,000 new customers each month: Veeam acquired approximately 10,000 new customers in Q3, with total paid Veeam customers now surpassing 121,500.
- VeeamON: Veeam’s first flagship event, VeeamON: The World’s Premier ‘Data Center Availability Event’, took place in Las Vegas, NV, in early October. Veeam reports that it was a huge success, with more than 1,200 customers, partners, press and analysts in attendance. Plans are already underway for VeeamON 2015.
Highlights and recorded sessions from the VeeamON 2014 event can be seen at the link above.
Veeam’s Enterprise Strength
- Large footprint: 45 percent of the 2014 Global 2000 are Veeam customers.
- Rapid growth: The number of new enterprise customers grew 108 percent year-over-year, while revenue from enterprise customers grew 140 percent over that same period.
No doubt Veeam hopes its dream run continues, but with the growth, customer, partner and activity figures it is reporting, it looks like there’s plenty of V8 power to keep the Veeam vroom zooming!