NetApp. Founded in 1992 and headquartered in San Jose, California, NetApp says it "specialises in helping its customers get the most out of their data with industry-leading cloud data services, storage systems, and software."
A global cloud-led, data-centric software company that empowers organisations to lead with data in the age of accelerated digital transformation, NetApp explains it provides systems, software and cloud services that enable any organisation to run its applications optimally from data centre to cloud, whether they are developing in the cloud, moving to the cloud, or creating their own cloudlike experiences on premises.
With solutions that perform across diverse environments, NetApp naturally says it "helps organisations build their own data fabric and securely deliver the right data, services and applications to the right people — anytime, anywhere."
Stating it is the only solutions provider with native integrations for the world’s largest public clouds, NetApp explains its ONTAP software "continues to serve as the foundation for hybrid cloud," with the latest release of ONTAP introducing "enhanced protection against ransomware, expanded data management capabilities, and NVMe/TCP support for accelerated performance."
NetApp also offers deep integrations with all three major hyperscalers, positioning the company and its customers for growth, driving added value to customers and partners, winning awards and validating its hyperscaler strategy.
So, we spoke with Dhruv Dhumatkar, Director Solutions Engineering at NetApp to learn more and gain greater understanding, with that interview embedded directly below, followed by a summary of the topics we spoke about - please watch and read on!
- I started by introducing Dhruv and welcoming to the program, after which Dhruv explained how NetApp started in 1992, and what its products and services have grown into today, as we start the new year.
- We then discussed NetApp's definition of how modern hybrid cloud and on-prem resources are very mature and sophisticated today.
- After this, we looked at the latest release on ONTAP, which brings a whole host of new features and benefits, with Dhruv explaining the highlights, before going into more detail on ONTAP's enhanced data services and digital wallet capabilities.
- This moved onto a discussion about companies either still to move to the cloud, or more likely upgrading from older cloud infrastructure while also explaining what organisations can do better on cloud adoption - and what leadership teams need to do better when considering cloud adoption planning and decisions.
- Dhruv then discussed NetApp's hyperscaler strategy, after which he spoke about the learnings from the ongoing digital acceleration caused by the ongoing pandemic.
- We look at how NetApp is developing and retaining talent in this current market, with so many tech companies competing for a small pool of talent to hire, after which Dhruv shared memories of his first computer, a bit more about his own personal history in the world of tech, through to his thoughts on how NetApp would evolve over the next couple of years - and how the industry might look in 2030 and beyond.
- Dhruv then shared the best piece of advice he has received in life to help him get where he is today, followed by his final message to iTWire viewers and readers, and to his current and future customers and partners.
So, please watch the video interview with Dhruv Dhumatkar above to learn more!