The companies added that the centre showcases new technologies, such as Verizon’s private 5G and AI-driven, secure networking capabilities from Juniper in a healthcare context, demonstrating the benefits of next-generation connectivity and collaboration within various healthcare environments, including command centres, hospital wards, General Practices (GPs) consultation rooms, care homes/patients' homes, connected emergency services, and rehabilitation centres.
Verizon Business Europe group vice president Scott Lawrence said, “In order to accelerate change in how healthcare is delivered, it is crucial that healthcare organisations come together and witness these transformational applications firsthand.
“This centre has been developed to provide a dedicated space for professionals to see connected healthcare in action, and more importantly, work together as a community to build new applications and use cases. This collaboration will help revolutionise how healthcare is delivered.”
A dedicated collaboration hub within the space will stimulate the co-creation of technology concepts enabling partners to work together with the aim of creating innovative future solutions.
Visionable CEO Alan Lowe said “The Connected Healthcare Center will enable collaboration between healthcare professionals and global technology partners to ideate & co-create new models of care for the future delivery of healthcare services, which we believe will benefit millions of patients worldwide.”
The companies added that the demonstration zones will showcase the following:
- Patient home / care home / virtual ward: Virtual wards that provide a digital end-to-end journey from remote patient monitoring to specialist patient support and patient-led peer-to-peer support.
- Connected emergency services: Wearable technology to communicate with remote clinicians and the use of video, diagnostic and data feeds to quickly share information with specialist clinicians via a connected device in the responder vehicle.
- General Practice surgery: Use of multi-screen, multi-feed, collaboration platforms in delivering informed collaborative patient / citizen care.
- Hospital ward: The digitalisation of care pathways for faster diagnosis and improved patient outcomes to Multidisciplinary teams (MDT) collaboration
- Rehabilitation centre: Enabling virtual group consultations between a care provider and a group of people/patients to support recovery post-discharge.
Making connected healthcare a reality
Verizon Business and Visionable say they joined forces to empower the next generation of healthcare.
This strategic partnership brings together Verizon’s extensive secure network infrastructure and Visionable’s unique, patented-,next-generation digital healthcare collaboration platform, to form a single secure infrastructure that helps enable healthcare professionals to access data, collaborate and share resources, the companies claim.
Verizon says this engagement is part of its broader strategy to partner with enterprises, startups, universities, national labs, and government/military to explore how 5G can disrupt and transform nearly every industry.
Verizon added it is collaborating with several customers to establish 5G Innovation Hubs on-premises as part of an ongoing initiative to co-innovate and create new 5G applications.
Verizon continued that it offers customers a variety of telehealth solutions across the globe. This includes BlueJeans Telehealth, which was purpose-built to simplify the virtual join and televisit experience and provides data-driven insights that can offer greater access to care, improve safety and extend the reach of services available.
By mapping the user experience to clinical team workflows, the BlueJeans Telehealth platform helps replicate the experience of onsite patient interactions, while providing the flexibility of virtual health care, the company concluded.
A video showing elements of the demonstration is available here.