Australia is one of the first countries to launch the Galaxy Studio as it rolls out to a range of countries in Europe and Asia. The studio will operate with a trained team of 26 Samsung staff.
Designed to showcase Samsung’s latest range of mobile technology, the Galaxy Studio will transport shoppers through a series of interactive experiences including an Australian first "4D" virtual reality experience using Gear VR.
“This is the first time Samsung has given Australians this kind of access to immersive experiences that are built on our latest mobile innovation. People can now have hands-on experience with our new Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones, as well as virtual reality and wearable technology,” said Richard Fink, vice-president, IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Australia.
Galaxy Studio is designed to immerse Westfield shoppers in the latest in mobile technology and is built around four core product experience zones, including:
- Gear VR ‘4D’ Virtual Reality Theater – Designed to transport people to a new world through a "4D" cinema experience utilising Samsung Gear VR virtual reality.
- Gear 360 Snowstorm – Visitors can capture 360° videos with the Gear 360 in a simulated snow experience.
- Watercolour selfies – Take a selfie with the new Galaxy S8 or S8+ smartphone and dip it in water to see it transformed into a liquid animation.
- Fitness challenge – Using the Gear S3 smartwatch, guests can try out either a virtual swimming or tennis experience.
- Digital display – Learn more about the ecosystem of Galaxy devices with an interactive table experience.